Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday Game & Movie Night

Tonight will be filled with a game and a movie here at our house so I’m sitting here racking my brain for some quick and easy snacks that I can throw together to feed my hubby and kids. In order to satisfy their appetites and still maintain some bit of a waistline I have to be sure to have healthy snacks and one comfort food snack. So far my shopping list consists of all the ingredients I will need for a big salad, almonds & pistachios to snack on, carrot sticks and fruit. That should cover the healthy nibbling that will need to be done for the weekend. Now onto the yummy fattening stuff! This past New Year’s I made a recipe I had found on www.daisybrand.com, Warm & Creamy Bacon Dip. It is very delicious, takes about 5 minutes to throw together and then you just bake it. Give it a try, I promise you won’t be disappointed!

Warm & Creamy Bacon Dip

8 Ounces Cream Cheese, Softened
2 Cups Daisy Brand Sour Cream
3 Ounces bacon bits
2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 Cup Chopped Green Onion (I only had 3 green onions so I chopped them up and used what I had)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Combine all ingredients. Place the mixture in a 1-quart baking dish. Cover. Heat the dip for 25-30 minutes or until hot.
We actually used this method when baking this dip- Serving option: Placed dip in a hollowed square sourdough loaf, wrapped in foil and heated in 400 degree oven for 30 minutes.
Serve with veggies and crackers.
This seriously tastes like a baked potato, it’s wonderful!

3 comments:

  1. Everything taste better with Bacon! I love this...being an Atkins freak, this is something I can eat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds super delicious! Thanks for sharing. :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks ladies! If you try this let me know your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete