Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Snow and Stuffed Pepper Soup

Woke up to ice and snow...Scraped off my truck then an hour later it was completely covered again, gotta love it! Took the kiddos to school, came home and logged in for a long day of work. Thank God I get to work from home with my handy extra large coffee cup beside me. Stuffed pepper soup is starting to heat up in my good ole' crock pot. And by ole' I mean 10 years, not ancient. That crock pot has saved me and my marriage many a nights! Let's see how this goes, we can all test it out. Let me know what you think! Happy Wednesday All!

STUFFED PEPPER SOUP

Ingredients:

1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1/2 pound of pork sausage
2 c chicken broth or beef broth
1 lg. can of crushed tomatoes
1 can of sloppy joe sauce
1 c of cooked rice
2 green peppers (chopped)
1 yellow pepper (chopped)
1 red pepper (chopped)
1/4 c sugar
1/2 tsp salt ( you can always add more to your taste)
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic


Instructions:
  1. Roast peppers in oven before chopping. (Drizzle with olive oil and roast on 400 for 20 min.)
  2. In a large skillet brown ground beef and sausage.
  3. When done, drain ground beef and sausage in colander.
  4. In a crock pot add all ingredients.
  5. Set on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours.

1 comment: